Annual Fund gifts from friends of the University are enormously important in advancing Rockefeller’s scientific and educational programs. Such gifts enable the University to allocate funds flexibly and with maximum effectiveness as needs and opportunities arise. Annual Fund gifts can be used to fund new avenues of research that unexpectedly open up as a result of groundbreaking discoveries. They also support the research environment, ensuring that Rockefeller is able to provide the technologies and services essential to 21st century biomedical research. Directly and indirectly, Annual Fund gifts help to underwrite the costs of major research developments at The Rockefeller University each and every year.
Gifts to the Annual Fund:
- Enable Rockefeller scientists to pursue promising leads and undertake investigations that are novel and therefore too "risky" to qualify for early federal support.
- Provide "bridge" support for young scientists at a critical stage in their careers, before they have established a track record needed to secure funding from the National Institutes of Health and other government agencies.
- Accelerate the pace at which discoveries made in basic science laboratories can be translated into clinical applications, taking full advantage of the unique research facilities of The Rockefeller University Hospital.
- Help pay for essential capital projects and the acquisition of new technology, fundamental needs for which outside funding is scarce.
- Support unconventional collaborations between researchers approaching key scientific questions from different perspectives. Some of the most productive research occurs at the interfaces between scientific disciplines, falling outside the boundaries adhered to by most funding agencies.
Make a gift now
For additional information about the Annual Fund, please contact: